Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Paula's Choice

Pressing heavily upon my heart,
Thoughts of what to do.
What to be, where to stand.
I am here, O Lord.
I stood at a crossroad
Seeking which path to take.
It's not a fork;
But many crooked trails and turns.
Growing up was hard
As a young girl at ten.
I made a choice
I shout to be heard.
I didn't grow as I should.
Too many interruptions broke my path.
God's hand upon my life;
God's Word directing my steps.
A young girl out alone,
God's hand always surrounding me;
Fragile in the world's way of life.
Growing stronger in God's Truth.
Leaving behind a worldly character.
Taking little steps towards the Light;
Yet, still a child, she holds a human nature.
A nature battling good and evil.
A compassionate heart for others around her.
A concerned soul to learn more.
Hands that are willing to work;
Feet that are willing to run the race;
Her abilities are limited;
Her talents are few.
A prayer warrior in time of need,
A woman all grown up.
Still following life's chosen path.

Written by Paula Ann Wood
Summer of 1985

No comments:

Post a Comment