Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Miracle in a Blizzard

The snow was falling softly and feathery
I walked in silence; the whiteness surrounded me.
Cold! Cold! Wind blowing hard:
I put my hand out and couldn't see
Turning backwards my steps disappearing
Snow blurred my vision
My tears like ice, my skin shivered sharply,
Cold wind blew; Icy snow flew in all directions.
Walking became tiresome, I knew not to stop.
My steps slowed, lost in a winter blizzard.
Looking up in the white blurred sky;
I ask God to help me go home.
A short distance away, a little green figure
Was walking towards me
I asked her if she had anymore cookies in her box
She said, "No", and took me to her home.
Her momma game me a blanket to wrap up in,
And a cup of cocoa to drink.
Her daddy on the couch was watching tv,
The storm raged on
I didn't know my phone number.
I told only my name.
She asked me, "Where do you live"?
I replied, "I live over the hill and through the woods
Along the road by a field of strawberries".
The storm raged on
The cold wind blew
White, white, everywhere it was white.
A little girl lost
Shaking my small fist in the air
Asking God if He cared.
Walking slowly, I knocked on my door
Mother grabbed me, held me tight,
Asked a question I could not answer.
It was well past midnight, all was quiet.
Mother is calm.
The night sky filled with twinkling stars.

(This is a true story that happened to me at age six.)
The miracle, How did I get home? (the house that the little girl led me to turned out to be an empty block where no one lived??)

Yes, I was six. I remember this well. I remember also, just how bad a blizzard can be. How I survived could only be that God really did care.

No comments:

Post a Comment